Hi, Attorney Steve Fondren is a business and real estate lawyer who is licensed to practice law in California and Arizona. Today's topic on the Attorney Steve whiteboard is real estate independent contractors. Currently, there are a couple of lawsuits pending in California regarding the classification of independent contractors versus employees. When starting or running a brokerage, it is crucial to be careful with the classification of your employees. Hiring employees triggers numerous state and federal employment laws, which can be a downside. In the real estate industry, it is preferable to have agents, brokers, processors, and transactional coordinators classified as independent contractors. As a broker, it is your responsibility to have an independent contractor agreement with all of your employees. Our firm specializes in drafting these agreements and considers the factors that determine whether someone is an independent contractor or an employee. Two recent cases in Los Angeles Superior Court and California, Beres Irani v. Caldwell and Ivan F. Cruz v. Redfin, have dealt with the misclassification of employees as independent contractors. Even though these cases are still ongoing, there is an argument that in practice, these individuals are being treated as employees. If this is the case, state and federal employment laws regarding wages, hours, and overtime come into effect, which can create a significant legal problem. It is important to stay updated on these cases, so make sure to bookmark our website by clicking on the red "V" on this video. While we will be providing updates on these cases, I want to emphasize that the information provided here is general and not legal advice. Classifying independent contractors correctly is a complicated area of the law. If you need assistance in creating independent contractor agreements or require more specific advice, please give us a call. We can guide you through...
Award-winning PDF software
SubContractor Agreement california Form: What You Should Know
When are subcontractors created? Project managers create subcontractors when they are unable to find another contractor, as in the case of a project sustained by the owner.
online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do SubContractor Agreement, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any SubContractor Agreement online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your SubContractor Agreement by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your SubContractor Agreement from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.